A DICTATOR DISGUISED AS A PUBLIC SERVANT. HE MUST GO!
DICTATORS OR PUBLIC SERVANTS?
WHAT WAS THE WORLD LIKE IN 1970 WHEN MIKE MADIGAN WAS FIRST ELECTED?
MIKE MADIGAN WAS ELECTED 48 YEARS AGO IN 1970 AT THE AGE OF 28
HE IS NOW 76
In 1970 gas cost 36 cents a gallon, the average new home cost $28,600, the average income was $8,734, the Dow Jones high was 842, a 1 carat diamond cost $299 and Richard Nixon was the President.
ISN’T 48 YEARS LONG ENOUGH?
MIKE MADIGAN DICTATOR OF THE HOUSE
- The longest-serving speaker in the 242-year history of the United States.
- Has single-handedly blocked every citizen reform movement including term limits, fair independent map and recall amendments in order to maintain his limitless corrupt power.
- He serves as both Speaker of the House and as the State Democratic Party Chairman and uses the powers of both to further his own agenda and retain his immense power.
MIKE MADIGAN CORRUPTION
- He was at the center of the Metra hiring and promotion scandal pressuring Metra executives to promote and give raises to Madigan political hacks.
- He has muscled numerous applicants into the University of Illinois, which blocks more deserving students from gaining entry on merit.
- He is now embroiled in a sexual harassment scandal within his government and political staff. He is presently being sued by a former female staff member because he ignored her pleas for help.
MIKE MADIGAN POWER, MONEY & FEAR BUYS JUDGES & OTHERS
- He has given 10’s of millions of dollars to fellow legislators, judges, aldermen and mayors to keep them in line and beholden to him and only him. They do his dirty work when called upon.
- His puppet judges in Cook County and on the Illinois Supreme Court killed the Independent Map Amendment in 2016 per his desire to keep power. This after 566,000 citizens signed petitions to get it on the ballot. His puppet Cook County judge said it’s unconstitutional (though it’s clearly not) and his 4 bought Democratic Supreme Court Justices agreed. The vote was 4-3, four for Mike, 3 for Illinois citizens. Another example of nobody says no to Madigan, but we WILL.
MIKE MADIGAN USES PUBLIC OFFICE TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE
- He has made countless millions using his political power to line his own pockets, which if not illegal is certainly a blatant conflict of interest.
- He has used his corrupt connection with the Cook County Assessor to get $63.3 million dollars in refunds for his rich clients, leaving everyday hard working families to pay $63.3 million more in property taxes. (Reuters Feb 8, 2017)
- Former Democratic candidate for Governor Chris Kennedy called the Cook County property tax system in which Mike Madigan makes his millions “rigged and likened to extortion”.
THE MADIGAN LEGACY
“Spendthrift and incompetent government has turned Illinois into a basket case”
-Aug 29, 2016
ILLINOIS NEEDS TO DUMP MADIGAN
“Madigan has consolidated his power through decades of fundraising, redistricting and scare tactics, to the point where nothing can become Illinois law without his approval. How’s that for democracy?”
-May 5th, 2016
“Madigan… deserves an outsized portion of the blame for the state of the state – more than any single politician in the last four decades. To say otherwise requires some seriously tortured mental gymnastics.”
-April 20th, 2018
“When it comes to getting redistricting reforms on the ballot… Lawmakers just nodded approvingly, then stood silently while House Speaker Mike Madigan’s lawyer talked the courts into killing those measures.”
-April 25th, 2018